What If He Was Your Daughter?

A friend’s daughter in her early ‘20’s is becoming a man.  She changed her name, lived as a man for a year, had extensive counseling, and will soon start hormone treatments.

I’m pretty sure just now your first reaction was negative.  And that’s OK – that’s the way we were brought up in this culture.  But I’m asking you to set aside that initial response for a moment …. and think.

What type of person would you like to be in this lifetime?  A person who just believes the bullshit that generations before us believed without questioning and thinking?  Someone who can actually hate other people simply for being who they are?

This is bigger than gays in the military, gay marriages, or bullying in schools.  This is about how you want to live YOUR life and treat all people – not just the ones with whom you feel comfortable.  How proud you could be if you overcame prejudice and were strong enough not to go with the mindless flow.

The next time you see a gay or transgendered person think ‘if that were my child, how would I want the world to treat him?’

6 Responses to “What If He Was Your Daughter?”

I have no problem with any of this, but I have noticed one peculiarity. Most of those who have sex change operations are real muglies. Particularly those going from female to male. Frank and I know one former man who is most definitely a good looking gal, but she is the exception that proves the rule. Sometimes I wonder if they are maybe making the chamge in hopes of being a bit more attractive in their new incarnations.

No problem there for this man, Bill. He was a very sensuous, attractive young woman. I doubt if being a “handsome” man is much of a consideration.

I don’t believe in that man trapped in a womans body BS. When it’s like that it’s pure PUNISH YOUR PARENTS FOR THE WORLD YOU LIVE IN CRAP. Ducks and other animals just go ahead and kill the weak ones to preserve the species and we should be that smart. Now like I said I had gays in my outfit that didn’t hide it-nobody hated them. Honesty is much more rspectable and tolerable. A soldier couldn’t cut in between two women dancing at the WAC Training center at Fort McClellan without being threatened by a manlike womans asskicking in 1967. They were wide open. Rape or MST (Military sexual trauma) is mind devastating CRIME. If we had accepted the gay translators there wouldn’t have been a 9-11. But alterring your body is just to hurt your lousy parents for having you and not giving you something-maybe love, maybe money, maybe too much of both. The criminals are the Doctors and the FDA. Nobody gets their nuts cut off or their tits removed whule mentally competent.

Joe, in general I agree with you. The large majority of sex change artists also have very serious mental issues besides that one. However, I have met a couple exceptions–well balanced people who felt they needed to change. I don’t quite understand it, but then I don’t understand why a guy would want to be gay either. So what? None of my business.

How do you feel about hermaphrodites? Most are raised as girls, but when puberty hits, mother nature sometimes has a not so little surprise for them. What are they supposed to do?

Understand it? I don’t understand it – and I don’t have to understand it. And I know enough not to waste my time trying to psychoanalyze every person with some half-assed Freudian horseshit and make judgments based on that.

I try to accept people as they are. If they’re cool – they’re cool. If they’re assholes, they’re assholes.

As far as “wanting to be gay?” – who the hell would want to be gay? Do you think they say, “Let’s see, I’d like to go through life with 4/5 of the people rejecting me and may I have an extra serving of hatred too?” I really don’t think there’s a choice in the matter and again, IT’S NONE OF OUR FUCKING BUSINESS!

OK. Let me rephrase that; I don’t know why some guys are gay. What I was trying to get across is the fact I simply don’t understand the attraction. There are a lot of theories out there, but noone knows for sure.

I think the 80% rejection estimate is a little high. 50 years ago–yeah, maybe. More like 50% today and falling. Younger people are much more accepting than old timers.

Historically, many nations and city-states required men to marry and procreate to produce warriors. There were anti-homosexual statutes on the books which were often ignored as long as the individual did his duty and produced children.