Was Jesus Gay?

“Dance?”

Now let’s try to be calm here. First, pick up and revive the good Christians who have already fainted at the mere thought of the concept. They’ll be OK.

Let’s consider the facts: Mr. Christ (the son) was a single man most popular in his late ‘20’s and ‘30’s – certainly a virile time in a man’s life. And the word “man” is key. He was a very fit, healthy, and good-looking man by all accounts.

Christ chose not to go into his father’s line of work – carpentry – and seemed extremely close to his mother.  He was never married nor had children. Jesus was a very popular, charismatic, public speaker and was not afraid to express his views in public.  Women like that.

One striking thing that emerges after two thousand years is how documented his life is. The poor man couldn’t seem to turn around without more stories being babbled by the multitudes.

But there’s one, glaring exception to the history of Jesus: his sexuality. We’re led to believe he was without one of humankind’s greatest needs, drives, and pleasures: sex. Hmmm.

I’ve got to ask the question, why? Was he not . . . uhhh . . . “normal”?

If Jesus was as pure as we’ve been told, wouldn’t the Bible be featuring that? Wouldn’t there be scripture topics like, “Play Your Own Chimes and You’ll Play in Hell!” or “Jesus Kicks Fruits Out of the Temple!”.

I don’t know.  I do know old Jewish law abhorred homosexuality. But what would happen if your religion had a “Star” who happened to be gay? Wouldn’t it be kind of like, “Doctor, I hate the fact my wife thinks she’s a chicken – but I need the eggs.”?

Tags:

7 Responses to “Was Jesus Gay?”

The strongest argument in favor of the gay theory is the fact he was not married at a time when men typically married in their teens or early twenties. Another argument is his flamboyant love of being the center of attention. And he had quite the male posse.

Yeah, I think he probably was gay, but Christians don’t want to hear it in the same way Greeks don’t want to hear Alexander the Great was gay, even though everybody knows he was.

Of course, if you buy into his divinity then you might very well declare he had no such needs. Heck, the early church fathers even wanted Mary to remain a virgin until her death; many Catholics still believe she did.

The Bible (New testament was written almost 100 years after he faked his death.WHO said he wasn’t married-an ecumenical council that didn’t know him but needed political power? If he was that hot he had his pick and probably was like Elvis, “Why just pick one when you can eat them all?” Remember HE wasn’t left on the cross to rot but brought down by Joseph of Arithemea real soon after he passed out.Like Elvis, Jesus is big business.

And priests were allowed to be married for a long long time.

AND- to become a Christian (When cornerred by the Pharisees and asked if he believed in the prior covenants with God-Moses and the arch of the covenants, Jesus said, “Thow shalt keep all the prior covenants.”
    But to become a Christian one first had to become Jewish which required circumcision. Grown men said keep thy knife away from MY schwansenfegger!! and they invented baptism. or replaced pecker chopping with a waterbath.

BILL–do you remember Lee Reese-the short guy from the third floor at Scales Hall in ’66? He was in Division Graves Registration, 23rd Inf. in ’69. I was with him the day the giant full color glossies of the first 300 bodies of the 5,000 mass murderred S.Vietnamese men and Boys came in (from the ’68 Tet. At My-Lai Lt Calley killed some 180+ and was in the papers for years. But when the enemy shlaughterred 5,000 non-combatatants it never made the papers. Our Media has always lied to us to sell weapons and waste lives for money.

Yes, I remember Lee. I saw him lose his temper a few times, too, although not with me, thankfully.

Shit happens in war. Both sides in all wars do things that aren’t kosher, but the gvt normally prevents the media from reporting on the bad behavior of our own troops. Bad for morale and all that.

A bunch of guys in Iraq decided to rape some sweet looking teenager, went in to her house, raped her, killed her, killed her parents and siblings. It got out, and we all had a fit, but the fact is that kind of thing happens all over the world whenever and whereever there’s a war. Some people think war is fun and games like pacman or something. It’s not. You teach a man to act like an animal , you shouldn’t be surprised when he does exactly that.

I used to think about suicide, I think most people think about it and it passes, Now I think about murder, mass murder if I could get into congress, and if the military or the secret service won’t protect us from a man who wants to kill our constitution and take away our gun rights, Murder of politicians extended families. But so long as our gov is willing to GIVE money to people who are too lazy to create jobs for themselves, I’m screwed because I can’t do it by myself, so I’ll just keep looking for the neighborhood thief. But I NEVER thought about raping and killing a family I was sent to protect.

7. Jennie Ryll says:

I have to say that for the past couple of hours i have been hooked by the amazing articles on this website. Keep up the great work.