Is Paris Burning? (You Up?)

Hero worship is a lot  different than being entertained by a celebrity.

I like Paris Hilton.  I think she’s funny and has fun being a character of herself.  I have finally figured out why you and the rest of America hate Paris: JEALOUSY.

“You’re wrong! I don’t like her because she has no talent and she’s famous because she’s famous.”

And your whiney, little point would be what? You’ve got to have talent to be famous? I’m trying to type this and not fall off my chair laughing. Switch on your TV or look at the movie listings.  Who’s got a surplus of talent there?

You hate Paris because she didn’t have to work for her money? JEALOUSY. If that were you, would you give it all away and move to Henrietta? You hate her because she’s beautiful? JEALOUSY. Has a great body? JEALOUSY. Women hate her because she’s a “slut.” JEALOUSY. Ladies, is she going after your man? Hmmm?

Hate her because she’s sometimes silly, gets drunk, high, parties in public, and doesn’t take herself very seriously? At 11:00 pm on any warm, summer Friday night, drive down East Ave. between Alexander and Scio streets. You can run over hundreds of goofy, Paris wanna-be’s with no effort at all. Hate them, too?

JEALOUSY is an ugly slime to wear – but you can wash it off. The soap is honesty. Next time you see Paris, smile and say to yourself, “You lucky little twit. You hit the jackpot in the lottery of life and I didn’t. Too bad for me – but good for you. Have fun – laugh – and party your little ass off. If I were you, I would too!”

10 Responses to “Is Paris Burning? (You Up?)”

The fame and popularity of Paris Hilton is symptomatic of how silly-shallow our culture is, but I’ve never met anyone who hates her.

2. Joe Bele-Isle says:

I have already forgotten which politician called her stupid but her political analyzation while siting by a pool in a bikini having a cool one was right on the spot. Sh’e not stupid.
    Bu Frank?
    Kelly Ripa got a tattoo.
    And Paris is the ultimate in what the veil wearing Sharia women and leaders HATE about the US. I kinda like the spit in your eye America is for freedom to be her if she wants to be girl.
    And I like Dale Evans.

I don’t hate Paris. She is taller, pretty blond/blue eyed, has a great body, and tons of money. She is lucky she gets to feel secure about her appearance and has no problem flaunting it. I’m 5’3″ (almost) with brown hair and eyes, curves, and little wealth…..a plain Jane. Not much there to flaunt, huh? I wouldn’t want to trade places though, because I have brains and more rewarding endeavors in my life. I don’t think I am jealous of Paris Hilton Franco. As a woman I am offended by the image she represents which is the stupid, blond, bimbo type that all men love. Sometime a person can’t help being beautiful, but they can certainly chose how to present their beauty and they can chose not to be stupid.

Joe, apparently you were too busy staring at the bikini to see the teleprompter Paris was reading from. Here political analyzation was done for her. She’s just a mouth piece. Paris Hilton is the last person in the world I need political advice from, but if I want to know what color to paint my toe nails, she may be the person to ask.

Brenda, for someone who doesn’t hate her, you’re a little unconvincing. “Stupid, blond, bimbo-type”? Stupid? Although she’s not going to discover a cure for cancer, she’s probably of average intelligence, has gone to private schools, and is free to do what she chooses to do. If trash tabloids want to make a big deal about her – and America buys it – what does she care?

BTW – no one took that “political advice” seriously – especially Paris. I thought the piece was funny as hell because McCain DID mock her.

And another point on which you are unconvincing: the “plain Jane” comment. Sorry, sister – I’ve seen a number of photos of you and your beautiful family – that one is embarrassingly FALSE.

Yes I can see where I might come across as jealous. I will concede this point (subconsiously mind you). I am jealous (if that is the correct word) that people such as Paris Hilton get attention, recognition, adoration more so than people who are much smarter, work harder, more compassionate, but less rich and sexy. I do not want to be Paris Hilton nor do I desire to be like her. Jealous of her, not really, but maybe the attention. Hate her, no, she’s just a person, highly dislike what she represents…perhaps. 🙂

Thank you for your kind comments Franco. They made me feel great! I know I need to feel good about myself without compliments, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say, they make me feel even better. You’re a gem!

Brenda, I like being myself (most days) but if I had to make a choice, I’d much rather be you than Paris Hilton.

Brenda, just so you know, not all men like stupid bimbos. In fact, intelligence is the first thing I look for in a woman, and I am not unique in that regard.

As far as looks go, I suppose I wouldn’t want to be physically repelled, but other than that, I don’t really care.

Thank you GENTLEMEN! My faith in “man” kind is restored.