I’m Sticking With Sardines

I was kicked off the “Recent Blogs” section of Rochester’s major newspaper – again.  I think some right-wing nut complained about my “Cuba” post (5th down from this one).

That’s why I’m going to stick with different aspects of sardines for awhile.  They really are pretty interesting.  And their old cans are pieces of art!

herring_can_04herring_can_01

herring_can_02

herring_can_05

No canned presentations at:

Presentations Unplugged

Tags:

7 Responses to “I’m Sticking With Sardines”

Franco, have they given you any indication as to why you were censored?

I agree with your earlier comment, for all the claims that the D&C is ‘liberal”, they seem to be doing a good job of giving the Righties their say.
    For such a “liberal” paper, a lot of Righties read it.

They never do but I’m convinced it’s on a reader’s “report of abuse” for personal attacks in my responses.

Brenda, Steve:
    I sure didn’t expect “Cuba” to make it on the D&C’s “Most Recommended Blogs” by the D&C but one look at it kind of made me a little queasy. The right-wing is certainly covered.
    Out of 10 slots:
    2 are by Quad
    2 are by sisroc
    1 is by mkane – the “Cow”
    1 by some religious nut who thinks O is the anti-christ and has the pictures to prove it!
    2 by Sandy Rubin on the Buffalo Bills (nice – but shouldn’t this go somewhere else?)
    1 of things-to-do this week (same comment) &
    1 by Petrena which is a week old.

“Recommended” seems to be a very subjective term.

And damn! (I can say that on my own blog, right?) Missing from the list is MachoWeiser!

I just read an article on MSN about a census worker who had an assignment in rural KY (Clay County) I think. They gentleman was murdered and hung from a tree. He had “Feds” carved into his chest.

Nice, huh? In the article they mentioned McVeigh and how he had a bunch of far right, anti government literature.

Nice people, those right wing anarchists………….

Interesting….the census worker story is making news, but it’s kind of tucked back a bit. “Next, Tom Delay on Dancing With th Stars, oh, and a fed was hanged…but wait until you see “The Hammer” do “Wild Thing”
    (was anyone else embarrassed by that display?)
    This is a government employee, hanged (lynched, if you will) (Ah, let’s set the wayback machine to the good ol’ days of 1925)
    with “feds” CARVED…not written in lipstick by a jilted lover, carved, into his chest. IF I recall, the last people who carved messages in people were Manson followers.
    Doesn’t this disturb anyone? There is a person, or group of people, who is sending a message. A pretty goddamn (can I say that in your blog:- )
    clear message.
    Where do you want the light pointed?
    On whoever did THIS!!!!!! Shine all the light you have, there!