Death By Reality

A lot of people from the Class of 1968 died. Some lost their lives – many lost their dreams. As we used to say, “Same difference.”

Since you asked: I graduated from R.L.Thomas High School in 1968.  For those of you overseas, “R.L.” is located in Webster, New York (near Rochester) a town made famous by Xerox which was at its peak in the ’60′s.  Some of my classmates died from diseases (including AIDS), some by drug overdoses, a few by suicide, and at least one in Vietnam.

Most of the others “died” when they slipped into middle-class oblivion.  Who could have guessed that a real “rocker” – Brad Fox – would one day end up as the top Amway salesperson in America?

6 Responses to “Death By Reality”

Who’s the George Harrison wannabe in the dark jacket?

Suburban middle class oblivion. So many beautiful girls turned into cows while their men turned into virtual slaves. But you know what? They like it. It’s nice and comfy. Like cattle chewing the cud.

I wired a house with a 50,000 dollar in ground swimming pool for a bank president-next to the river-beautiful. The 4 yr old girl had been told which room would be hers and I tried to walk into it and she blocked the doorway and looked up and declared like the future bitch she would be, “THIS IS MY ROOM!!” a FAMILY STRETCHED FROM THE 4 YR OLD TO TEENAGERS WHO HAD TO BE IMPECCABLY CLEAN. a large 2 STORRIED HO– USE WITH 2 WINGS AND A BONUS TOP AND BOTTOM.A
    Kyle-a rather nice and polite teenage boy had done the unspeakeable a year later when I went back to check something. He had left 1/2 a dixie cup of water in one of the rooms. His Momma-described by one of her high school classmates as a, “aQUEEN!” and not the gat type the type with ladies in waiting married to a KING with RANK. Our age Frank. I could hear her fat little barefeet POUNDING the floor like a gigantic frantic rat SCREAMING, “Kyle! Kyle!! Kyle!!! KAY_YAILLE!!!! KA_ AH AHHH AHHHH YI YI YI YI YI YAHAHAILLLLE!!!!” He showed up, “What is THAT!?” Oh that’s my water I” CLEAN IT UP!!!”
    jESUS i’M GLAD i’M NOT RICH ENOUGH TO DESERVE BEING MARRIED TO THAT THING.
    tRYing to keep a million dollar home full of teenagers spotless.

Jo An says that photo looks like a bunch of gangsters. She’s a JESUS gangster.

We pronounce that “hey-sous” up North – and they have plenty of gangs.

I have a Cuban Freind whose Dr. Father was Fidels 6th grade teacher and on his way to the pilots funeral of the first international skyjacking Fidel and Che’ took him prisoner for a week, Fidel reckognized him and let him go- Newspapers, etc could care less about telling the story.

6. Paul says:

I knew Brad had it in him.