Bush Times Two (And Carry The Obama)

Senator John McCain is a decorated war hero and for that I respect him.  Yesterday he called the withdrawal of American troops from Iraq a “victory for Iran” and blasted the decision.

For that, I think he’s an idiot.

Obama and Defense Secretary Panetta have been begging Iraq to let us leave combat troops past the end of the year.  Iraq has said ‘no’ – again and again.  They’d rather face the Iran threat alone than have us occupy their country.

Here’s what McCain knows: within a year or two, Iraq will fall into a fighting religious, Mullah-land, just as it has for centuries.  Which means 4,483 U.S. troops died there FOR NOTHING.  That’s kind of an embarrassment to George W’s ass kissers who flag-waved us into this debacle more than a decade ago.

When he ran for President against Obama in 2008, McCLone said he would follow W’s policies in Iraq.  Obama said he wouldn’t.  Of course, Obama lied.

10 Responses to “Bush Times Two (And Carry The Obama)”

I agree with you that we should never have gone into Iraq in the first place and we should get the hell out now. We’d be a lot better off if Saddam were still in office (even though he was a hateful scumbag).

However, McCain is not an idiot. Our withdrawal WILL be a victory for Iran. Senator McCain’s views on foreign policy differ from mine, but that doesn’t mean the guy is stupid.

Oh, that civility thing again (like Hillary really isn’t a bitch). I must have been brought up poorly.

How’s this? “Senator John McCain a kindly old gent whose 1950′s views on American world dominance have, unfortunately, resulted in the deaths of over 5,000 US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

He was a strong advocate of the War in Vietnam (which was declared by the “Father” of the conflict, Secretary of Defense Robert S. MacNamara, a “terrible mistake”) unfortunately killing over 57,000 young US troops (average age: 19).

The unproven charges that Mr. McCain’s campaigns were financed by organized crime are probably not true (right) because his wife is an heiress and they no longer need any seedy donations.

Mr. McCain has the distinction of being equally disliked by Liberals and Conservatives (who call him a “RINO” – Republican In Name Only) and introduced the nation to Sarah Palin (whom he had never met before he asked her to run with him as his VP). Usually his mainstream-system positions don’t offend anyone.

It should be mentioned that McCain is a decorated war hero and had enough class (unlike many “conservatives”) to say good things about Ted Kennedy when he died.

Better?

My comment wasn’t about civility; it was about accuracy. For example, you could use any number of well deserved pejoratives to describe Adolph Hitler without offending me; the man was a piece of shit. Saying he was stupid would not be accurate, so what would be the point?

Since you brought the subject up, why has civility all of a sudden become a bad thing? You can easily criticize a person with reasoned argument, and in a forceful manner as well. When you call Hillary a bitch, you might get a cheer from the people who already hate her, but the rest of the world will be turned off and tune you out. Without the nasty rhetoric, you might succeed in getting people who are undecided to come over to your point of view.

Think about it.

“An idiot is a mentally deficient person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way.”

You are using the first definition, I am using the second. Should I stop using “nasty rhetoric” to gain supporters? To what end? You are still under the (in my opinion) ‘illusion’ – that a majority of people can affect significant change. That’s why you think your vote matters. Respectfully, I don’t think it does.

And if my words are somehow offensive to people, I would point out that they are quite pale in comparison to how I really feel. In other words, so what? It’s not what people think – it’s what they’ll do.

My blog has two purposes: to make people laugh and to make people think. If I can ever get my readers to do both at the same time, I would consider myself very successful. It does not happen often.

I would have like to have been a fly on the wall when Hilary told Bilary, “You know I AM your wife Bill, and you CAN whip little billy on me anytime you want to without getting in trouble! You dumbass redneck.” When she said IT TAKES A VILLAGE she might have been talking about how many natives it takes to pull her string.to the sound of Gene Kelley’s SINGING IN THE RAIN.

As far as civility goes, I know I’m out of tune with today’s society, so I won’t mention it again.

I’m more concerned with your cynicism about voting. It is my belief that if Gore had defeated Bush back in 2000, the U.S.A. would be in much better shape today. Certainly, we wouldn’t be so far in debt. When you get the chance, I’d like you to write an essay devoted to the topic of voting and why you feel it is a waste of time.

ME?? You think I said voting was a waste of time? Probably confused at my saying it was rigged. I’m from the part of Fla. where they turned predominately black people and southern Democrats around on the highways to keep them from the polls before the hanging Chad fiasco-to get us pre-programmable computer voting. We here know one vote would have made a difference. And crooked pollsters stopped that one vote. If they had blocked the polls in every state of the Union there would have been a violent revolution not an Obama backed Acorn paid ridiculous block wall st. movement by paid unempoloyed idiots. I really liked the sign that said for the hungry yokels to “go out and rob one of the poor dumb underpaid dummies working for Wallstreet so we can have some money to buy food!” Nothing about a little money is better than no money-take any job you can get until you can finnish school in a trade that’s hiring.

Sorry Joe; I was addressing that one to Frank.

A trade that’s hiring? Politics, medicine, and highway robbery are the only ones I know about.

Plumbers-someone always has to clean out the shitter. And roofers. Auto mechanics, Momand Pop stores. Dishwashers, a good street act (made $50 in 1/2 hr on Boubon st with a proper barker) Yardwork.-but you have to be HONEST and that’s the rub.

10. If you changed your design your site would be banging. The content is good and quite well written though.